Because of the blockchain's capacity, crypto donations are highly organized and easily traceable. You can be confident that every dollar you provide will go directly to the charity of your choosing.
Traditional Donation Platforms
- Traditional donation platforms are inefficient and very outdated.
- Sometimes you have to jump through hoops to find the right charity for you.
- You don't know for certain whether your funds will reach the right hands or not.
- Bank transfers and checks take days to fully process and clear.
- Nonprofits are usually subject to high chargebacks from credit card companies.
The Benefits of Donating through the Sharity Platform
- The Sharity platform is a nonprofit organization.
- The platform is a one-stop shop to house charities across nations.
- Because of the blockchain's capacity, donations in crypto are highly organized and easily traceable.
- Crypto donors pay no capital gains taxes on gifts to 501(c)3 organizations.
- Even when donating anonymously, you will have the option to receive a tax receipt for your crypto donation.
- Donating in crypto advances awareness and institutional adoption.
Make a Crypto Donation in 3 Easy Steps
Support a cause that matters to you by selecting a charity that accepts donations in crypto.
1. Find your favorite charitable organization
Either search the charity by name, or choose a category using the dropdown option. Is your favorite charity not listed? Contact us to nominate a worthy organization. We have made it possible for several nonprofits to accept crypto because they were nominated by donors interested in supporting their cause.
2. Make Your Crypto Donation
First, select Bitcoin, Ethereum or another cryptocurrency you want to donate from the dropdown, and enter your donation amount in the crypto of your choice or USD. Next, fill out some basic information about you (optional), and enter an email address where you would like to receive a tax receipt. Third, a dynamic wallet address will be generated for your donation which is linked directly to the charity’s wallet. We use dynamic wallet addresses to protect your privacy, but these addresses can be re-used if you’d like! Use this to send the cryptocurrency from your wallet or exchange account.
3. Get Your Tax Receipt
Donors can choose to receive a tax receipt via email. This will arrive as soon as your donation has received the minimum amount of confirmations on the blockchain, so keep a lookout for it. If you can’t see it, double check your spam or junk mail, and contact The Giving Block if you require it to be resent.
Be sure to file away your tax receipt in a safe location that is accessible when filing your tax return and use it for proof of your donation.
The benefits of the blockchain's capacity
Traditional donation methods such as credit card payments, bank account transfers, and checks can take days (if you're lucky!) to process completely. By donating in crypto through the Sharity platform, the transaction block will be confirmed most likely in seconds or minutes. The nonprofit receives the funds directly in their crypto wallet and the process is final and complete. This means that you can verify the transaction status in the public ledger instantly, and the nonprofit have full access to your gift from anywhere in the world. Crypto donations are fast, transparent, and secure. The blockchain relies on networks of thousands of computers to verify transactions, which makes it nearly impossible to tamper with the ledger. This layer of security should put donors at ease, especially when making large financial gifts. This means that you can be confident that your gift was directly received by the charity of your choosing.